Diagnose and treat preventable dental diseases of 1250 children in Manizales City
How do we do it:
- We identified the most common causes of dental diseases for children between 4 and 13 years from low-income families in the municipality of Manizales.
- We provided a preventive and corrective treatment in oral health for children who were part of the project.
- We enabled specialized treatments in maxillary orthopedics and orthodontics for 340 children.
- We developed educational health strategies with the children and their families based on family workshops and text messaging, in order to guarantee the sustainability of the treatments carried out.
- We attended 1250 children from the Manizales City.
- We performed 1086 operative and non-operative treatments, 340 maxillary orthopedic and orthodontic treatments were provided for boys and girls with malocclusion problems.
- We developed a family education program, through 53 participatory meetings, children, parents, and caregivers were given information and tools for oral health care, the prevention of oral diseases and healthy lifestyles.
- 37,910 text messages were sent as an educational strategy, with information on healthy tips to prevent oral diseases and promote health care.