Identify opportunely the alterations to the prostate antigen (PSA) in rural populations, with the hope of detecting early diseases such as prostate cancer.
How do we do it?:
- Health Intervention: The benefitting coffee growers receive a prostate antigen test through a health day carried out in their municipalities.
- Educational Intervention: The beneficiaries are educated about the importance of self-care and information about prostate cancer.
- Social Orientation: Accompaniment will be carried out for those people that have an alteration in their test results so that they can take the next steps in their process through their health insurance or if they prefer through private services.
- 1512 beneficiaries of a prostate antigen test and an educational process about health and self-care
- 31 cases identified with altered results that were accompanied through a social orientation process